Cerelac Advertising Campaign
Advertising as defined by Cavusgil, Knight and Rosenberg (2008) is a method of conveying a message encoded in language, various symbols, colors and other attributes, each of which may have a distinctive meaning. Advertising can also be defined as a paid, non-personal communication about products, services or ideas by an identified sponsor through the mass media in an effort to persuade or influence consumer behavior. It is an important tool of marketing where it helps a consumer to choose the best product or service from various different products or services being offered. Advertising can be done by a number of means and using any number of mediums like television, newspapers, billboards, magazines, Internet, word-of-mouth etc. It informs the buyers about the availability of a certain product or service in the market and encourages them to buy it. About the Ad Agency:
‘Advertising agencies are external specialist in planning and handling mass-selling details for the organizations that want to advertise. They play a useful role, as they bring experience and expertise to individual clients while work closely to achieve the adverting objectives.’ (Perreaul, McCarthy, 2003). Promoseven is the ad agency that has been chosen to lead this advertising campaign. Promoseven is a network of agencies that has evolved from Fortune Promoseven, which was one of the leading regional agencies in the Middle East. They have been in business for almost 40 years, established in Beirut in 1968. Their head office is based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Some of their major Clients include McDonalds, Coca Cola, L’Oreal, MasterCard, Dubai Duty Free, Carrefour, Nescafe, and Hewlett Packard. Promoseven sweeps Dubai Lynx 2008 with most wins and Tops Agency Network Creative ranking with 223 points. (Bayt.com, Inc., 2010)
Why this Agency?
Promoseven is a regional agency, but has an office in Oman. They are familiar with Oman’s unique advertising environment and have relevant experience in numerous fields. •
They do not represent any competitors and have a great portfolio of clients. •
They provide services that cut down on the total cost of the campaign, as they are able to negotiate special rates and reserve ideal positions in many of the publications while doing the media buying. •
Good chemistry is important between the ad agency and the company. •
Experienced and capable people that have worked in similar fields. Product and Company Information:
Nestlé is the world's leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company. Since Henri Nestlé developed the first milk food for infants in 1867, and saved the life of a neighbor’s child, the Nestlé Company has aimed to build a business as the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company based on sound human values and principles. (Nestle, 2010) Cerelac is a range of nutritious, easily-digested instant cereals. It is suitable as a complimentary food for infants from six months onwards, when breast milk or formula alone no longer meet the baby's growing nutritional requirements. It is not a breast milk substitute. The Cerelac brand was first registered in 1949 and is present today in countries such as Portugal, India, South Africa and the Philippines. Its competition includes Gerber, Hero, Farley’s, Purity, Bledina, Milupa, Poudre De Riz. (Nestle, 2010) Target Audience:
Target audience is a method that represents “the group at whom the communication is aimed within a market”. (Brassington, Pettitt, 2003) Cerelac is a range of nutritious, easily-digested instant cereals made by Nestlé. Aimed at mothers with infants from six months onwards and want to introduce solids into their children’s diets, as it is suitable as a complimentary food, when breast milk or formula alone no longer meets the baby's growing nutritional requirements. This product can be used for children up to the age of 2 years old. Target Market:
Target Marketing is a method of...
• Baack Donald, Clow Kenneth , 2002, Integrated advertising, promotions, and marketing communications, Third edition, Pearson Education, New Jersey - USA
• Brassington Dr. Frances, Pettitt Dr. Stephen, 2003, principles of Marketing, third edition, Prentice Hall, England.
• Canvusgil Tamer, Knight Gary, Riesenberger John, 2008, International Business – Strategy, Management and the New Realities, Pearson education, upper saddle River New jersey.
• Bovee Courtland, Thill John, Dovel George, Wood Martian, 1995, Advertining excellence, The Mc Graw-Hill, USA
• Ehow, 1999-2010 [online], http://www.ehow.com/, [date visited: 9 June 2010]
• TechTerms.com, 2005-2010 [online],http://www.techterms.com/definition/media, [Date visited: 10 June 2010].
• Nestle, 2010 [online],http://www.nestle.com/AllAbout/AllAboutNestle.htm, [Date visited: 10 June 2010].
• Entrepreneur Media, 2010 [online]http://www.entrepreneur.com/encyclopedia/term/82454.htm, [Date visited: 18 June 2010]
• Bayt.com Inc., 2010 [online], http://www.bayt.com/en/company/?xid=302737, [Date visited: 18 June 2010].
Please join StudyMode to read the full document