About Equit-I, Finance Club
Equit-I focuses on creating an enthusiasm about finance in the campus and bracing up the student community for the industry rigor. The club strives to be an important partner in a participant's career development by creating learning opportunities and providing industry interface.
We assist participants in exploring financial career opportunities, by organizing workshops and interactive sessions on various financial topics and career panels specifically for finance roles.
We also help the participants in preparing for their summer placements by publishing material and taking lectures on fundamentals of finance.
Club publishes a weekly newsletter “Week That Was”, which includes business news on the different sectors of the economy.
Equit-I Core Team 2014-15
Manjot Singh Bedi
• Previously worked with Evalueserve and UBS Verity Knowledge Solutions for 3 years as Associate in the Investment Banking space.
• Undergraduate college:- B.Com(Hons.) from SRCC, Delhi University • Internship:- Indxx Capital
• Been one of the state toppers in board examinations and has earlier interned with electrical utilities companies as well.
• Undergraduate college:- B.E, Electrical Engineering, Jadavpur University • Internship:- Johnson & Johnson
Nirmal M S
• Previously worked with Goldman Sachs as an analyst developer for 2 years. • Undergraduate college:- B Tech(Hons) in Electronics and communication from NIT Calicut.
• Internship:- Philips India
• Has worked with Oracle for 2 years and earlier interned at CEERI, Pilani and NetApp
• Undergraduate College – Dual Degree in B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science and M.Sc.(Hons.) Mathematics, BITS Pilani
• Internship - Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services • Has worked with South Indian Bank for 1 year as Prob. Assistant Manager • Undergraduate College – B.Tech in Electronics and Communication from Govt. Model Engineering College, CUSAT
• Internship - Innovative Ideators, developing Crowdfunding platform
Role of finance manager
Time Value of Money
Basics of Stock Markets (by Voyage Capital – IIM Indore Mutual Fund)
Proprietorships & Partnerships: Owned and run
by one or more individual and in which there is no
legal distinction between the owner and the
business. The owner receives all profits (subject to
taxation specific to the business) and has unlimited
responsibility for all losses and debts. Every asset of
the business is owned by the proprietor, so are the
responsibility for the debts.
Corporations: Also called limited companies, here
the liability of the members or subscribers of the
company is limited to what they have invested or
guaranteed to the company. Limited companies may
be limited by shares or by guarantee. And the former
of these, a limited company limited by shares, may be
further divided into public companies and private
Personal tax on profits
Corporate tax on profits
Personal tax on dividends
Role of a Finance Manager
Cash raised from
Cash invested in
Time Value of Money (TVM)
TVM is based on the concept that one rupee that you have today is worth more than the promise or expectation that you will receive a rupee in the future. Money that you hold today is worth more because you can invest it and earn interest....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document